Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Anxiety, Part 1

Living with Anxiety is awful.

I've found myself in Anxiety's powerful, life-draining grip for the last few months.  It started with some life struggles and was compounded by the death of my Dad.  Panic and constant anxiety ensued.

I've tried to put all this into a nice, tidy story for you--but frankly, this episode of my life won't submit to a handful of painful, witty paragraphs.

This morning I see that this should be shared in little pieces.  I will share as part of my healing with hopes that it will facilitate any needed healing in your heart, too.

Here is a really good video by Brene Brown about shame and sharing our stories in order to heal.






May God bless you with insight and healing today,

pam


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6


4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the video - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Brene's TED Talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As one who has panic attack/anxiety disorder, I completely understand what you are going through. When I went through a program to deal with it, one of the things they taught me to do was breathing exercises - basically using the Lamaze method used for labor and delivery. It really works and helps me to calm down when I start to get panicky. Combine that with prayer and it's a pretty powerful duo. Do take care and know that I will keep you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Pam! This was a really great video :-) I shed a few tears because so much of what she said is relevant in my life...I've been struggling as well with grief. Still grieving the loss of my husband 4 years ago and also my Dad just over a year ago, I now live with my Mom. I made this move because I knew she needed someone to be here with her, to help her with everyday life while she began the journey of living without her mate. I knew it would be the most difficult thing she'd ever experienced and I couldn't not help her. It meant that I moved away from my children and grandchildren, sacrificing my own time with them. Time, after all, is at the core of the loss of our loved ones. So...I try every day to remember this verse: Jeremiah 29:11 I try to live every day with intent and knowledge that this is but a chapter in the book of my life. Thank you for sharing with us and know that I also will hold you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete