Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Lots of Slow Stitching

I spent many hours traveling in the car this weekend.  Thankfully I had my favorite driver in the pilot position and I could stitch the hours away!

Made some more Garden Stars



I seem to like this squished setting better.

Somewhere along the line, I got a wild hair  to make some flower garden blocks (because, of course I NEED another project!)  I just couldn't resist playing with some of the leftover centers from the Garden Star project. 

Took a little detour with these cuties.



These flower garden blocks are quite a bit larger than this project.  I've always had a thing for Grandmother's Flower Garden quilts.  Hopefully I'll even finish one some day!

Still Praising God!
pam



Linked to Kathy's Slow Stitching.

5 comments:

  1. Stitching in the car is such a nice way to pass the time. Looks like you got lots done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stitching in the car ... our trips to the beach are 13+ hours each way, so having something to stitch helps the trip go more quickly. I love the colors of your Garden Stars. I am making a slightly different version of Garden Stars ... I'm using another, larger hexagon between the stars. Right now I'm just basting together the pieces ... I need to finish quilting the Storm at Sea and piecing my Martha Washington's Flower Garden. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty are those flowers! Looks like spring. i stitched in the car from San Diego to Medford, OR. and back over Thanksgiving. I am working on English paperpieced 8 piece pies and tarts and I need 200-I am at 60-70 so have a way to go. Keep stitchin and praising:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, if you haven't found this site yet, do check it out:

    http://quiltobsession.wordpress.com/

    You will find another quilter who does all sorts of projects and delights in tiny piecing, too. ~ Linne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect use of driving time! And your little detour is adorable!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete