Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

When Passion Meets Purpose

Last evening I received an email from Sarah requesting guy quilts for the Quilt Ministry.  I had been making some scrappy "guy" blocks (that's code for dull colors) for the ministry and realized I had enough to put a top together.

Sarah included a couple Bible verses that she had been thinking of.  This one really hit home for me:
Luke 12:48:  Much will be required of everyone who has been given much. And even more will be expected of the one who has been entrusted with more.

I have been given so much.  This was a chance for me to give back.

I threw the blocks on my design floor and started treadling my heart out.  I only mention the treadle, because I was so into sewing this up that I forgot to switch to electric (and have some hip pain to prove it!)


I wasn't able to sew all the blocks into rows before bed....It was hard to leave because I knew the layout was in great peril due to its location amidst the traffic flow.  Thankfully, it survived the kids (even when they started a game of jumping over it).

Our sewing group met tonight and I was able to finish sewing the rows together just before Sarah left.  She's going to quilt it on her longarm.  Phew!  It feels good to finish a top faster than my usual turtle pace.

God is good.  This ministry gives my passion a purpose!



May the work of my hands and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You, O Lord.

blessings,
pam

2 comments:

  1. Love how your quilt turned out. I have some old dark fabrics that I thought I'd never use. Now you've given me an idea. Great job for such a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt. This quilt has a purpose of a very loving quiling hug from you. Your are a very special person

    ReplyDelete