Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

A Trip with some Fabric Therapy

Hi Project 40 Friends!

I'm back from the first delivery trip.  Drove close to 1000 miles round trip.  My Dad is not a happy camper.  He wants to be sprung from the nursing home and he's not safe to be on his own and none of his kids have the ability to watch him 24 hours/day.  (He's forgetful and very impulsive, so not safe on his own, but convinced that he is.)  Please pray that my Dad will be content and at peace....That's a miracle that could only come from God. 

Anyway, I did not give a lap blanket to Dad.  It would have pushed him over the edge.
I gave the first 3 blankets to the counselor/activities coordinator.  She was thrilled and will be passing them out to needy residents.  She got so excited when I told her we would be sending more that she almost cried.  It was fun to tell her about all of the people across the country and in Canada that are pitching in to help with this project...Plus to give glory to God who inspired it from the get go.

There is one little indulgence that occurs each time I visit my Dad.  It just so happens that Paducah is between my house and the nursing home.  Darn!  Hate that! 

Hancocks makes for a wonderful stop to stretch my legs, visit their bathroom, and then enjoy the sale tables.  I can't remember the last time I shopped the bolts in there.  I love going through the end pieces though.  Here's what joined me on the trip this time.



I've been working on some guy quilts lately.  I'll be cutting these up and adding them to the mix soon.

I have a collection of solids that comes in handy when I'm feeling Amish or just want some sashings or old-timey setting blocks.  I'm always watching for new additions.





And I couldn't leave without this bright, happy piece.  I knew it was coming home with me!  And look it even works with 2 of the solids.




Blessings to You,
pam

1 comment:

  1. We're about 3 hours from Paducah, and I've been feeling the urge for a road trip. I may not get to it until toward the end of January, but it's definitely on my list of things I need (ok, want) to do in the near future. Thankfully, I have a sweet hubby who enjoys a road trip, even if it's to a quilt shop. ;-)

    ReplyDelete