Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

The King Size Hurdle!

Major excitement this morning as I finished hand quilting a king size quilt!  I have to admit that I'm a little stunned.  This is the first (and hopefully last) king size mammoth that I have tackled.  Personally, I'm voting for smaller beds!

Since it is so nice and sunny, I took the quilt outside for some pictures. 








In other news....My oldest son went to his first dance.  He cleaned up nice!


And here's a picture of him with The Crazies invading! 





Blessings,
pam

8 comments:

  1. Whoa! You hand quilted a king? I'm impressed. :D It's pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Really? such tiny perfect stitches. I love this quilt. I love all of these colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your quilt...love the baptist fan design it's my all time favorite!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching and sharing your project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your dedication in finishing up such a giant quilt. Definitely an accomplishment to savor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting is beautiful! As is your quilt. You should be proud of your new quilt. I love the colors!

    I'll be starting my first king-sized quilt after the first of the year - since I hand quilt, I'm curious on any tips/advice you have for hand quilting such a large quilt. Did you use a lap hoop or a frame?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! that is some amazing quilting. Great job on the finish. Very cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Thats impressive dedication to hand quilt one that big! The kids are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete