Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

After Christmas

True confession.  I love the days AFTER Christmas!  These are the days when the peace and joy of the season really fills me.  The days when my children's brains turn back on.  The days of wanting, wanting, wanting are over.  The hype of the season is gone. 

Jesus remains.  Life is good.



This is the view out my back door.  It's snowing.  Those are my sweet animals.  I'll tell you more about them another day.



I had a birthday just before Christmas.  My sister's birthday was yesterday.  How did my Mother ever manage with 2 birthdays the week of Christmas?!! 



And what birthday would be complete without bunny ears?!!  (Love you, Honey!)



I've been cutting fabrics today from one of my scrap baskets (even the baskets have started multiplying!)  Does anyone EVER see their scraps diminish? 



I started a new project today!  I L-O-V-E starting new projects!  (finishing, not so much....but give me something to start and I'm all over it!)  This is the humble beginning of a scrappy sawtooth star quilt.  This one will be hand pieced thanks to a stamp set by Cindy Blackberg.  I took a class from Cindy a couple years ago.  She's delightful and she has this hand piecing thing all figured out. 



Here is my first little star!  Hooray!

Many blessings to You,
pam


But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid.  I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.  Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to  you; He is Christ the Lord."  Luke 2: 10-11




2 comments:

  1. I love that little star! I've never heard of a stamp set for hand stitching! I'm intrigued ... I've been contemplating doing some hand stitching - I'd like to have a portable project to work on. I'm going to have to check that out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one question: Does the ink for the stamps wash out?

      Delete