Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday Finish!

Prayer Quilt for Tommy and Tami

This quilt was finished and mailed a few weeks ago.
I've been wanting to share it here, but it was a little too painful.

This quilt was made through our church's prayer quilt ministry (which gets LOTS of support from quilters throughout the world!  God is so cool like that!) 

We received this gorgeous 25-patch quilt top by mail!!  (If you made this top, please wave your hand and take a little bow!--this is an awesome quilt top!! Thank you! Thank You! Thank You! for taking part in this ministry!)

I added borders and did the binding.  Sarah quilted it.  As a group we prayed over it.

Close-up of Prayer Quilt--has a snuggly flannel back.

The quilt was mailed to a precious friend of my husband to encourage and comfort him as he battles cancer.  My heart sings whenever I spend time helping with the Quilt Ministry, but it's still hard when the quilt is destined for someone dear to you.

I am Rejoicing in the Lord today! 
Thank You for blessing my life with the Quilt Ministry, Lord! 
Thank you for all the precious fellowship that occurs as we create these special quilts! 
Thank You for Your Love and Your Sweet Son Jesus!

I am richly blessed.

May your day be blessed as You Rejoice in the Lord!
pam



Linked to Confessions of a Fabric Addict. and
Crazy Mom Quilts

10 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic, well done - have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is part of a very valuable work that includes those who make Prayer Shawls and many others. All the best to you, your family and your husband's friend. Blessings to each of you. ~ Linne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift. I hope your husband's friend is successful in his battle. I know he will be warm as the fight rages on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quilt made by those with compassionate hearts! Hope your hubby's friends feels close to God while snuggled under otM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah sent me to your post - I am waving my hand. So happy to see this finished and blessed to a wonderful purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, Another beautiful quilt. You are a very giving person.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful!! I know that this quilt will comfort to him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a beautiful quilt. It will bring much comfort to your friend. Your quilt ministry is a blessing to many. Thanks for what you do.

    ReplyDelete