Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Grateful for Pain?

Yesterday I had one of those deep moments of clarity and understanding. 

Here it is:  I am thankful for the pain that I've been through.  I'm actually thankful that God let me go through the pain and not just dance around it like I wanted to.  I'm glad He pushed me through because only in the really hard, painful stuff of life did I come to know Him in ways that I never even knew existed.  His Presence was real and tangible.  His Provision, Love, and Peace were there for me every day.  I would have missed knowing Him like this if I could have arranged things my way two years ago.

This clarity came because of a post written by a new blog friend (Kris at Losing Sleep Counting Sheep).  We have corresponded about the struggles that she is going through related to Hurricane Sandy.  Kris has nicely summed up some of our emails in a new blog post.  I encourage you to read it.  It has a sweet ending.
Thanks amid Devastation


Thanks Kris for letting me be a part of your life and your blog.

Blessings,
pam


"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world."            --Jesus  (John 16:33)

No comments:

Post a Comment